Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Cabling Query

To: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>, reflector Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Cabling Query
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 23:42:01 +0000
The  TeleX   HiGain   TX2  brakle wedge issue is well documented… a redisinged
lowere bell and not square but tapered  brake wedge solved that issue.
As with ALL TeleX/CDE/Hi Gain rotors the quick release  brake  lever  can be
distarious  especially with any  antenna with  rotating Mass.

A well documented fix is a home brew ( let google  to the rescue ) or ther have
been commercial BRAKE  delay circuits for this family of  rotators .

As for cabeling my longest run (just took the 40 meter tower down )  was 700 ft
plus 110 up the tower. This was on a Tail Twister . I used a pair of UF 12ga
wires  to the base of the tower  Yes just 6 wires…..  I put the motor starting
Cap at the base of the tower  and then 8 wires up the tower2X16 6X 20 Ga.

On my 15 meter tower the run to the top is 880 ft.  I used 14GA UF two runs and
then the HD  2/16 6/20 ga up the tower with the  starting cap at  the base of
the tower.   To over come the IR/loss   V drop I  mounted a  12 V transformer
on the rear  of the control box   to increase  the volatage    This on a Ham 4
Has been that way since 1990

TMMV

Wayne W3EA,