Re: [TowerTalk] Need help buying first tower

To: john nistico <electric911inc@hotmail.com>, Ross Tucker <rjtucke@gmail.com>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help buying first tower
From: "chuck.gooden" <chuck.gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 12:15:41 -0500
Ask if the school has any lifts.  My high school did for painting and adjusting
lights on the stage.  Knowing if the do and the height and lift capacity my
help in determine how high.On the other hand, you may be able to put a tower on
the roof too.  They may even pay for a commercial install.Chuck K9LC
-------- Original message --------From: john nistico
<electric911inc@hotmail.com> Date: 4/11/21  11:22 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Ross
Tucker <rjtucke@gmail.com>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com"
<towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help buying first
tower I’d go with a 40 foot crank up tower in that position.Get Outlook for
iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>________________________________From: TowerTalk
<towertalk-bounces@contesting.com> on behalf of Ross Tucker
<rjtucke@gmail.com>Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2021 12:15:26 PMTo:
TowerTalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>Subject: [TowerTalk] Need
help buying first towerHello all!I have been offered a position at my high
school to teach ham radio as aclass. The administration also said that they
would be willing to have atower installed! The one problem is that I have zero
experience with realtowers. I was wondering if one or more of you might be
willing tocorrespond with me to walk me through the whole process.To be honest,
I don't even know what I need. The absolute #1 constraint isthat it must be
over-engineered for safety - if anything falls and damagesschool property
during monsoon season, I will be extremely fired. XDLow-maintenance is also
important, as I'm a busy teacher with a small childat home. Height needs to be
at least 20 or 30' to get above the nearbybuildings. Self-supporting (no guy
wires) is also necessary. As forantennas, since the station will only be
operated during school hours, Iwas thinking of just a mono-band 20 m beam for
HF and a 2m/70cm verticalfor local repeaters. Finally, in the future, I'd like
to install asatellite array on a shorter mast, nearby.Would anybody be willing
to mentor me through this process?Thank you for your time-Ross Tucker, PhD,
NS7FArizona State University / Herberger Young Scholars
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk______________________________________________________________________________________________TowerTalk