Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RECEIVE ANTENNAS

To: JOHN OWENS <ham38john@comcast.net>, john nistico <electric911inc@hotmail.com>, "Dale M. Schwartz" <dale@immlawfirm.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RECEIVE ANTENNAS
From: turnbull <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 20:28:57 +0100
Dale,Just read the instructions and recommendations for each RX antenna type!
 I have two different Hi-Z circles they each want to be separated about 175 ft
from other antennas or performance reduces.    I doubt mounting in a wood is
ideal though, I think Frank Donovan W3LPL who knows more than I has done so.
The ground should be fairly level.   Mine are in a field well separated from
each other, all metal including fences and utility lines.    For me they are
great.A former K9AY mounted in my wood performed reasonably well.   It was
again well sepaated from all metal and other antennas.Beverages seem to me
pretty tolerant from my own experience but require realestate.Engineering is
full of compromises.   I have seen a photo of a 3el HiZ RX ant near a house and
chainlink fence which the owner found most useful.Read everything you can and
discuss your project with friends.  73 Doug EI2CNSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: JOHN OWENS <ham38john@comcast.net>
Date: 13/04/2021  19:34  (GMT+00:00) To: john nistico
<electric911inc@hotmail.com>, "Dale M. Schwartz" <dale@immlawfirm.com>,
towertalk@contesting.com Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 RECEIVE ANTENNAS I have
one for sale if anyone is interested. -  John Owens -  N7TK> On 04/13/2021 9:38
AM john nistico <electric911inc@hotmail.com> wrote:> >  > I use a coax loop and
a pre amp myself> > Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>>
<towertalk-bounces@contesting.com> on behalf of Dale M. Schwartz
<dale@immlawfirm.com>> Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 12:26:20 PM> To:
towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>> Subject: [TowerTalk] 160
RECEIVE ANTENNAS> > I am installing a shunt feed to my tower for 160
transmitting. Interested in a 160 receive system.>     Looking at DX
Engineering 4-Square system. Our lot is in the woods and not that large.  Any
advice on this or other systems would be appreciated.>        Dale/K4ROZ> > > >