Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu 2800DXA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu 2800DXA
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 06:33:02 -0500

If I recall Yaesu did not give a lot of details regarding the wires for the G2800DXA. The two G2800DXA's that I had in Aruba always worked in cold weather using the supplied cable:) You could see what gauge wire Yaesu supplied with their cable and try not to exceed that total resistance. Your sensor conductor size should be fine but I would substantially increase the motor wires from the ~13AWG (2 x 16AWG) equivalent that you are now using. Just buy a roll or two of THHN and use your four 16AWG for an antenna switch or something.

John KK9A aka P40A

Wayne Kline w3ea wrote:

I have a Yaesu 2800DXA rotor on my 40/30 antenna. It’s rotor length to the antenna is 390 ft.

I am using the 6 conductor 18 ga on the tower 80 ft. and 2X16 ga and 6X20ga with two extra wires added one to CCW and one to CW motor control. B MY issue is during the winter below 30 deg. F. many time to rotor will not turn in that cold WX

The control  box  is  ab Green Heron RT21 ???    bigger wire to the base ?

Wayne W3EA,