[TowerTalk] Salvage and Re-use of buried LMR600

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Salvage and Re-use of buried LMR600
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 16:58:54 -0600
Hello TT'ers-
I am contemplating the removal of 700 feet or so of LMR600 that is buried
inside conduit (not sure what size but probably 1-1/2 or 2"). It's been in
service for maybe 5 or 6 years.
The first thought that comes to mind is to grab onto it somehow and give it
a pull with my pickup truck or a tractor. But my guess is that it's
probably not quite as simple as this, especially given that I would like to
save and re-use it.

Has anyone done this and would you be willing to share the details?
One potential issue that I have is that I don't have 700 feet of space to
work with, so it seems that placing the cable on a reel somehow as it comes
out of the conduit would be a required part of the game plan.

Any input/ideas will be gratefully accepted.

73
Tom Hellem
K0SN