[TowerTalk] HDR-300 Rotor question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HDR-300 Rotor question
From: <kr9u@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 16:21:51 -0400
My HDR-300 Rotor is hesitating or stopping while turning the array.   The
rotor is about 30 years old.   It's turning a 2 ele 40 and a TH6DXX. As well
as a couple 2 meter long yagi's.  I don't believe there is a mast bearing
problem.

I have a few questions:

The motor start/run capacitor measures about 100 uF on my cheap handheld
meter. I have other DC capacitors that measure in their correct range, but
they are DC and not AC caps.  Does it make a difference?

The other possible issue is the motor seems to be somewhat noisy when
turning, which makes me wonder if the bearings in the motor are going out.
Is this normally a quiet motor?

Jim - KR9U