Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi Stress or Yagi Mechanical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi Stress or Yagi Mechanical
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 08:36:29 -0500
Too bad that you don't have any ø2" tubing. If you guy the bottom you should
be able to increase the survivability as well as minimize some of the
movement in windy Cayman.

John KK9A ex ZF2JB

Stan Stockton K5GO wrote:

Big thanks to Billy, AA4NU, for putting my numbers in Yagi Stress and
sending a screenshot.  He has always been helpful to others on this
reflector.

In case it helps anyone, the numbers I gave him total 36.25 feet and the
half element should be good for 55 mph.  The highest stress was on the 1.50
inch diameter with the other sections above that more or less equal, except
for the .375 which was way less.  I?ll try to find the tubing and just
double wall 2-3 feet of the bottom of the 1.50 which I?m sure will make it
all good for 60 mph or more.

73? Stan, ZF9CW