Re: [TowerTalk] Questions on Low band receiving antennas in forests and

To: <kq2m@kq2m.com>, <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Questions on Low band receiving antennas in forests and wetlands along ridgelines and ravines.
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 15:55:28 -0800
Bob,
I too have lots of deer ticks here in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  One bite
swells my leg up the size of a small melon.  During winter and spring I wear
garden clothes which I have sprayed with permethrin.  I use the Sawyer brand
pump spray.  It is deadly to ticks on contact.  Also deadly to cats and
dogs, so keep your critters away when spraying it.  I hang the clothes
(shirt, pants, sox, boots, hat) on a tree limb, spray them and when dry,
hang them in the garage.  When I wear these treated clothes playing with
wire antennas I get no tick bites!
73,
Steve
N6SJ