Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Identification - Help Needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Identification - Help Needed
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 17:46:57 -0500

Mosley, Wilson and Hornet/Swan used a single trap housing for both
the 10 and 15 meter traps.  Wilson (according to the manual for the
System 33 on BAMA) used Hy-Gain style clam shell element to boom mounts.
Moseley have always (at least for 40+ years) used a single U-bolt and
cast saddle for their parasitic elements.

That leaves Swan (Hornet) ... since I can't find a manual for any of
their later antennas I'm guessing that you have a Swan TB3 as it bears
a vague similarity to the earlier Hornet antennas except for the "rug
beater" on the ends of the early Hornet elements.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV