Re: [TowerTalk] AB-577 top stub

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AB-577 top stub
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 22:00:25 -0400
Duhhh - I apologize for the stupid question.  I don't know what I was visualizing. Of course, what you describe is exactly how it works in my case, and I will simply need to substitute a longer piece of mast tubing in the upper clamp of the rotator.  Easy peasy.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

> My AB-577 (the first and only one I've ever been up close and personal
> with) has a short stub of tubing that is integral with the top guy
> connection, and on which my C-3 mounts nicely .

How/where are you mounting your rotator?

The "top stub" ("Antenna adapter" 80063; SM-C-423587) - shown in Fig
1-4, and Fig 2-12 in the "manual".  The bottom of the rotator "pipe
mount" clamps to it (it's just over 2" outside diameter) with the mast
clamped into the top of the rotator and antenna mounted to the stub
mast above the rotator.

I'd use a 6' piece of 2" x .120 tubing for the mast with the C3 as
close to the top of the rotator as possible with a 3 or 4 element
6m yagi 5' above the C3.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV