Re: [TowerTalk] solid THHN vs jacketed copperweld

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] solid THHN vs jacketed copperweld
From: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 04:51:22 +0000 (UTC)
 I should have given another detail about these antennas. The elements are
supported in the center by a catenary, and the ends are pulled out as far as we
can for the property that is available, ending up with included angles of about
90 degrees.
It would be much different if the elements were instead supported at their
ends. I believe there would be much more tension on the wire elements in that
case.
73, Rich, N6KT
    On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 09:40:07 PM PDT, Richard Smith