Re: [TowerTalk] Uneven Ground

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Uneven Ground
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 15:54:31 -0400
I am not a mechanical engineer but what I do is move the lower anchor
further out (~3' in your case) and move the higher one closer to the tower
in an attempt to maintain the guy wire angle at the tower. The angle will
still vary slightly at the lower guy height(s) but it should work fine, even
with multiple rotating beams mounted along the tower.

GL
John KK9A

Lee Hiers AA4GA wrote:

Hi All,

I'm putting a tower in a field at my QTH, and the field is terraced a bit.
One guy anchor will be at the same level as the base, and one about three
feet above that level and another about three feet below.

The tower is 80' of Rohn 55G, and I'll be guying at 80' and 40'.  For the
anchor at the same level as the base, I'll go out 80% - ~64'.  What do I do
for the uphill and downhill anchors?

Eventually I may have a side-mounted TH7 at the 40' level, FWIW.

73 de Lee, AA4GA