Re: [TowerTalk] SS cable for crank-up?

To: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SS cable for crank-up?
From: w6rgs <w6rgs@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:53:20 -0700
Art, I wouldn't bother with the ss cables. Galvanized with lube is fine.  My
WT51 has had galvanized cables for 7 years and all is fine. As far as cost,
take your cables to one of your local rigging shops and save money and time.
Remember to take pics of your cable routing for reinstallation.
-------- Original message --------From: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv> Date:
10/15/22  17:58  (GMT-08:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: [TowerTalk]
SS cable for crank-up? I see Tashjian offers 1/4-inch SS option for replacement
cables for my WT-51. Cost is almost 2x standard galvanized, which is also 1/4
inch.I'm in Florida and wonder if SS is worth it given high humidity most of
the year, and a lot of rain spring and summer. Would SS cables require less
maintenance (Pre-Lube periodically)?Thanks.-- Art
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk