Re: [TowerTalk] 40M2L with new coil mod

To: George Wagner <giwagner@k5kg.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, main@KTAntennas.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40M2L with new coil mod
From: Craig Miller <dcm@stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 22:46:55 -0700
Hi guys, (and gals)
On the same theme, anybody have experience and opinions about the M^2 High Q coils for a KLM 40M-3A?
Appreciate any comments.
Craig
WA6OXK
On 10/19/2022 7:35 PM, George Wagner wrote:
I am considering converting my M2 linear loaded 40M2L using the COIL conversion
kit.

I appreciate comments from anyone who has installed the Coil kit.  Was the COIL
conversion kit "easy" to install?  How was the VSWR affected (before and after)
with the coils installed on the two elements?   Were there any significant plusses or
minuses to having the Coils?

73, George, K5KG