Re: [TowerTalk] t type antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] t type antenna
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 12:01:08 -0500
I was also trying to understand the 300 foot top hat. I have never seen that
even on top band.  It would be easy to model to see where it's resonant.

John KK9A

Stan Stockton K5GO wrote:

350 feet is about 5 quarter wavelengths at 3.8 MHz.  Quarter wavelength is
about 65 feet or so.  If that thing is really 350 feet long you should see
resonance at about 700 kHz, in addition to every odd multiple of a quarter
wavelength.  Was there a typo or is this really an inverted L that is 350 feet
long?

Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPhone