[TowerTalk] Fwd: Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Wireman W2DU Current Type Balun
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 13:20:38 -0800

++ I measured a couple of the myantennas CMC-130-3K 1-30MHz and they were as advertised. A way back W2DU on an OCF melted the solder, so that clearly hadn't enough R.

Another recent measurement of a chokes for a commercial RX 4 square, 4 chokes with about 2 feet of beads measured about 800 ohms on 160. It is easy to do much better with the K9YC toroid designs. For Rx antennas the 0.01" diameter RG316 TFE coax and smaller cores can be used for adequate R (actually ok for 600w at HF).

Grant KZ1W