Re: [TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How To Remove Tarnish off Bare Copper Wires
From: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 20:48:06 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi Rick,
Yes you made a good guess. Staybrite 8 has higher silver content. This provides
a melting range rather than a single temperature melting point. The melting
range makes it suitable for soldering connections with a wider clearance.
Also a couple of other benefits of Stay-Brite 8 versus the original Stay-Brite
that can be read here:
Stay Brite 8 (harrisproductsgroup.com)

|  |  |

|  |
Stay Brite 8

Tin-silver lead-free solder with higher silver content provides a melting range
while producing strong, ductile ...

I think I would clean the copper wire before trying to solder it with any type
of solder. The vinegar and salt solution seems to work well.
73, Rich
    On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 11:49:17 AM PST, Richard (Rick) Karlquist