Field Day - 286 Lap Top

Subject: Field Day - 286 Lap Top
From: Ingemar.Fogelberg@CEC.Comm.SE (Ingemar Fogelberg)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 14:10:36 +0200
Rod Greene wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am planning to operate Field Day with TR on an old Toshiba T1600 (286
> cpu?) running DOS 3.3.  Any advice for a good setup, options to invoke, etc.
> I haven't checked yet, but will the current version TR run on a 286 or will
> I need to use the XT version?  As I remember, there are options to help with
> the mono display.  We will operate mostly CW but may try a few SSB Q's just
> for fun.
>
> 73, Rod
> ----- Rod Greene, w7zrc@micron.net, <>< -----

Hi Rod!
I have done a similar setup with a Toshiba 1200. The version was
something pre 5.50. It worked but I found that the program didn't react
at the same speed as when I am using my 386. It takes some more
milliseconds when you press ENTER and the TX starts keying compared to
the 386-computer.
GL de SM0AJV / Ingo