TR 5.73 During IARU

Subject: TR 5.73 During IARU
From: merchant@silcom.com (Stephen Merchant)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 05:38:34 -0700
I used the latest release during IARU from N6RO's.  As usual, it ran
flawlessly.  Here are a couple of comments for consideration.

1.  The latest incarnation of the Auto-Repeat function is really nice.  It's
great to be able to see what the interval variable is and watch it counting
down.  And it's even greater to be able to adjust it in real time.  However,
if you have Auto-Repeat enabled, you can't use the Page Up-Page Down keys to
adjust sending speed.  Tree, what if you used something like Control- or
Shift-Page Up/Page Down to adjust the Auto-Repeat interval and left the
sending speed adjustment alone so that it's always Page Up-Page Down?

2.  When Auto-Repeat is enabled, even though it says "Hit Escape to stop
sending"<or something like that>, it seemed to me it was taking two escapes
to actually stop sending.  The first esc dropped me out of Auto-Repeat and
the second actually stopped the sending.  Did I dream this or is that the
way it works?  Of course, if you just start typing in a callsign you'll
interrupt the Auto-Repeat routine, no problemo.

I guess you can tell by all this fascination with Auto-Repeat that I didn't
S&P for mults as much as I should have.  25% more Q's than last year and
almost identical score.  Mults were way down and I didn't do much about it
until it was too late because of propagation.

Thanks for all the Q's -- it was great to see everyone at the WRTC events
after the contest.

73, Steve  W6EMS
<ex-N4TQO>