Subject: Summary: RF & TR keying interface
From: thehalls@ix.netcom.com (Eric & Bonnie Hall )
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 20:38:51 -0700
    Hey this internet stuff is great! I ended up getting nine e-mails
with suggestions and two e-mails that referenced commercial sources.
Thanks goes to: KN6OZ, K7DBV, W7ZRC, HB9HFN, G4BWP, N0AX, N6KL/0,
WA7UVJ, and KI6X.

    For the commercially available interfaces, two sources were
identified: Jim (jtalens@nmaa.org), and Tom (sm3dmp@pocab.se) both
offered solutions. That's good to know, since I thought LTA was the
only supplier.

    A summary of the suggestions:
    (4) Ferrite core around cable
    (3) Toroid core around cable
    (3) Using a capacitor
    (3) Build into metal RS-232 connector
    (1) Grounding the computer case

    It seems that the users that suggested the capacitor had better
luck at being successful. As you can see, the number of e-mails don't
match the number of suggestions...due to multiple suggestions in some
e-mails (that was good though).

    See you in the next contest!
        Eric WD9GGY
        (aka - SPARKY in the August NAQP CW)