TRLOG "INITIAL.EX"

Subject: TRLOG "INITIAL.EX"
From: becker@shell.portal.com (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 14:43:22 -0600
Hi All!

At 12:10 PM 8/15/96 +0100, Fred G4BWP wrote:
>I have been trying unsucessfully to use the "INITIAL.EX" facility in TR.

>snip<

>I have my INITIAL.EX file in the log directory D:\LOG and my contest in
>a sub directory d:\log\160test
>
>THE INITIAL.EX file is "<call> space <county code><CR>" on each line.
>
>In LOGCFG.DAT I have a line "INITIAL EXCHANGE FILENAME = INITIAL.EX" and
>I have tried "INITIAL EXCHANGE = NONE and = NAME but I cant seem to make
>it happen!

When I saw Fred's note, I tried to get the INITIAL EXCHANGE.." stuff working in
my copy of 5.75 last night.   No joy.

I made a INITIAL.EX file of the form:

CALL<sp>NAME<sp>STATE<CR><LF>

and tried making copies in the C:/LOG, C:/LOG/NAMES as well as the
D:/CONTEST/NAAU96PH directory where my log file is.

Still no joy.

What is going on here?  I is broken or are we doing something wrong?

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@shell.portal.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.