new sections, prefexes

Subject: new sections, prefexes
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 20:07:09 -0500 (CDT)
>I am getting ready to purchase TR and wonder if it includes the newest
>Canadian and other prefixes, countries etc. Can they be easily added by
>updating a data file ?

Yes all multiplier information can be changed by editing
ascii text files.  TR uses the same country files that CT uses.
You can also create your own mult files for use in
any contest that TR does not support out of the box.

 Also, based on your expertise on interfacing
>the program to various radios, which radio/radio company has the best
>interface regarding contesting such as RIT and other controls from the
>keyboard ?

Kenwood has the best interface. RIT and VFO can be tuned and cleared
from the keyboard - the RIT can be cleared from the keyboard
and bby a special character in any cq message so that you can
zero the RIT at the start of every CQ.

>I currently have a FT1000D - what can be done from the keyboard ?

I never can remeber if it is the Yeasu or Icom that does
not support RIT - but I dont think that either really work.
(Tree will tell us).

Thanks

--

George Fremin III