Questions about CW using TRLog 5.82

Subject: Questions about CW using TRLog 5.82
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 08:17:10 -0400
Tree etal,

I started to get back into CW with this last CQP.  I almost exclusively S&Pd
my way up the bands.  I developed the habit of sending my exchange with F2
and then using <ctrl>-\ to log the contact w/o sending.  I did this because
if I used <enter> the contact was logged and the QSO number was incremented.
Fine and good as long as the station does not ask for a fill.

1)
Would it be reasonable to have the QSO number sent be the number of the
previous QSO iff the call and exchange windows are empty (excluding spaces)?

2)
I have the ALL CW MESSAGES CHAINABLE = TRUE.  When I use F1 or F2 the code
being sent is preempted.  Anything F3 and greater is queued.  Is this WAD?
The other station needed to have my call corrected on a few occasions and I
tried pressing F1 then F2, but they didn't chain.  I verified this last night.

--
73 de N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics