Parallel Port CW

Subject: Parallel Port CW
From: oolon@eskimo.com (Jack Fleming)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:34:53 -0700 (PDT)
First off, I'm QCAO (Quarter Century Appliance Operators) member #13, so
anything slightly technical sends me into cold sweats.  But I have pretty
much mastered the art of cable building.  I've built several serial cables
that worked fine (even if they didn't LOOK too professional) with TRLog.

I decided to build a parallel cable so I could use packet in the
assisted class.  It pretty much works fine.  I can key the rig with
semi-break-in, BUT, it doesn't key the rig when I flip the little
switch on my TS-140 to "CW FULL".

Now, I can live with just semi-break-in, but my preference is definitely
for full break-in during contests.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is the cable done wrong?  Should I let
someone that know's what they are doing handle the soldering iron from now
on? (It would sure mean fewer burns from my picking up the wrong end...).

advTHANKSance for any ideas.

Jack Fleming, WA0RJY ex-CN2JF ex-CT1/WA0RJY   oolon@eskimo.com
Seattle, WA   http://www.eskimo.com/~oolon/   DON'T PANIC!