Quality time with the program

Subject: Quality time with the program
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 11:14:18 -0700 (PDT)
I had some minor surgery done yesterday afternoon and need to take
it easy this weekend.  I asked the doctor if it mattered if I was
sitting or laying down - and he said it didn't matter as long as
I was still.

So, naturally, I have chosen to be stil in front of the computer/radio!

I have found a number of minor things with the program and since I
am not serious in the contest, I fix them as a find them.  Here are
things to look forward to in the next release:

- When using \ to enter a frequency, it is a real pain that it has
  to be entered in the call window.  If you have typed a call in and
  then need to enter the split, you have too erase the call.  The
  program now opens up a separate window for the split whenever you
  type the \ character and leaves the call alone.  I also improved
  it so you can type things like 815 when on 80 and 223 when on 40
  instead of having to enter the whole frequency.  I am thinking
  of adding a display showing the last freq you sent out so you can
  see it without having to press a button on your radio (I know -
  you guys with TS-950Ss don't have that problem).

- When I went to the CTY.DAT file, two things with respect to the
  remaining country display were broken.  First, the top line of the
  countries was scrolling off the top of the window (when using the
  normal display) and when you tried to use the big display, the
  larger country list preprogrammed into the program was ignored.
  These are both fixed now.

Another area I am going to work on is improving how the band map
responds to split frequency operation.  This actually works better
than I thought it did, but it can be improved somewhat.

This reminds me of the importance of having time like this to spend
with the program.  Normally I am in the heat of battle and can't stop
to fix minor things.  Hopefully I will be able to spend more time
like this with the program in the future.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com