TR and network

Subject: TR and network
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 19:54:27 -0800 (PST)
> Since I am actively attempting to convince N2IC (who doubtless is reading
> this) to use TR for the first time in CQWWCW M/S, I'd be interested in
> knowing:

Put the word IOTA in your message and N2IC won't see it.

> 1. Has anyone else seen ANY problems even remotely like Don's using TR
> at an M/S set-up (particularly in a 2-rig M/S)

Interested in the response to this.

> 2. Tree, I for one would like to be kept informed as to your thoughts
> about Don's post, and progress toward figuring out what was going on and
> whether it's fixed in releases prior to CQWWCW.

Well, let me say this.  I haven't done anything to the multi stuff for
at least a year, maybe two.  I tried to make it all bullet proof.
However, the message that was posted about problems concerns me.

It is difficult for me to say I will have a better version for the
network by CQWW CW.  I am hoping to spend some time at W7RM and see
if I can learn anything.  I might learn something before the contest
by hooking up my two computers, but I think I did that the last time
I played with it and it ran just fine overnight (both of them generating
QSOs using the simulator in DEBUG mode).

So, maybe this isn't the year to push TR for a multi computer setup
(unless 20 people all report they didn't have problems and nobody else
say they did).  I will probably have a report from the HS group who
I think used the network.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com