no data coming back from the radio, other minor irritants

Subject: no data coming back from the radio, other minor irritants
From: becker@sprintmail.com (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 22:22:15 -0700
Hi Guys!

At 04:07 PM 11/4/96 -0800, Larry Tyree wrote:
>Sounds to me like the FT-1000 has the older firmware in it.

Or the radio is waiting for the computer to pull the RTS pin high before
sending the data, and since TRLog does not support these hardware handshake
lines, it never happens.

We had these same symptoms  at W6BIP M/S.  The TS870 manual states that the
radio will not send data to the computer without one.  (The things you find out
on Sunday afternoon while tuning for a Wyoming station).

minor stuff for Georges' todo list:

LOVE the new TRMASTER.DTA!  but it certainly will be nice if the cursor stayed
at the beginning of the exchange window after a partial exchange is displayed.
The parsing can't tell a # from a ck, and so they get into the wrong fields
unless you hit HOME first.

Also, the initial exchange would be much more readable if the program inserted
a space between the check and section.

Lastly, how DO you get the TOTAL OFF TIME to work?  \off is treated like a bad
callsign.

73
AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.