Correcting Callsign

Subject: Correcting Callsign
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 08:06:55 -0800 (PST)
> >> However, I would still like to request a CQ mode equivalent to ctrl-\ so
> >> that I could move forward when I'm in a bind as though I pressed <enter>
> >> but without sending anything.
> >>
> >> It probably would be best to have it be the same key for either point in
> >> the process.  Ctrl-<enter> makes good logical sense as the key you use
> >> when you want to use <enter> but can't.
> >
> >Here's another vote for that one.  Ctrl-Enter makes good sense to me
> >for the current Ctrl-\ operation.  Is Crtl-Enter used for anything else
> >at this time?
>
> I must be missing something here - it seems that CTL-\ is
> just what you are describing. "\" is the quick qsl key
> and acts just like hitting the <enter> key - so CTL-\
> has always made sense to me.

Well, George, you are missing something.  Control-\ only works during
the time the QSL message would be sent.  What is being asked for is
the same type of operation (advance one step in the QSO process) without
CW when you have a call in the call window and are about to hit RETURN.

The next version has this added PLUS you can use either Control-\
OR Control-Enter to do it.

Tree N6TR