Cntrl-\ in S&P mode

Subject: Cntrl-\ in S&P mode
From: kirk@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (Kirk Pickering)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:05:38 -0600
> I noticed with much dismay that v5.91 does not allow Cntrl-\ while
> in S&P mode.  (Cntrl-\ ==> "log without sending cw").  ARGGGGHHH!!!
> I use this feature alot, especially in daily logging!!  How 'bout it,
> Tree?  Any chance of getting Cntrl-\ to work in S&P mode again?

I'd really like to see this back again myself.  I sent "accidential CW"
dozens of times in the CQWW by hitting Cntrl-\, thinking it would log
w/o sending.  Fortunately, I could kill the CW it quickly, but it always
messed up my rhythm.

> After my experience this past weekend with TR 5.88, ctrl-\ needs to be
> replaced with a single key push to log without sending CW.

I'm all for this too.  Preferably a function key.  F11 or F12?

-Kirk  K4RO