Next release

Subject: Next release
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:04:59 -0800 (PST)
I am going to hold off making a release before my week long trip to Los
Angeles which starts tomorrow.  I feel like I have been making
too many releases, which makes it hard for you to keep up to date.
I could make one tonight, but I am still getting all of the Icom
radios figured out to the best of my ability.

There will be one before the ARRL 160 so you can all use Control-Enter
during S&P and Farnsworth CW for those slow speed QSOs.

I have been spending a lot of time with the manual.  You have already seen
some changes if you picked up the review copy last week.  I found a few
copies of the manual which people have sent me with many hours of review
work.  Even though they reviewed the manual back in the Spring, most of their
input is still relevant.  I am sorry it has taken me this long to
incorporate the changes.

We did find an interesting thing at W7RM - one of the QSOs was logged
on the band/mode of NONCW.  NON indicates an illegal band.  I have never
heard of this happening before, unless you have an interfaced radio
and it is out of the ham bands (this computer didn't).

This QSO caused the other network computers to hang as they didn't know
how to log it.  I will try to understand what prevented them from logging it
and fix that.

I would be interested if anyone has ever seen a QSO come up on NON before.

N2IC reported that the band output isn't updated for the inactive radio
when you change bands using the radio.  This sounds like a simple fix for
the next release.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com