Windows '95 and TR

Subject: Windows '95 and TR
From: n0dh@comtch.iea.com (Dave / N7EX)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 08:42:57 -0800
Robert Dannals wrote:

>                       Subject:                              Time:  4:00 PM
>   OFFICE MEMO         Windows '95 and TR                    Date:  11/25/96
>
> Is there a Windows '95 guru in the house?
>
> I'm using the most recent version of TRLog with my keying interface attached
> to COM2.  When I boot to DOS or get there from Windows '95's Shutdown to
> Reboot DOS, everything works just fine (program and keying of transceiver).
>
> However, when I run TRLog from an MS-DOS window in Windows '95, the program
> itself runs fine but I can't seem to get the keyer interface on COM2 to run.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> 73 de Bob - W2GG
> (robert_dannals@tracer.nm.jhu.edu)

Bob

Every setup appears to be different. Up until about a month ago I was
running TRLog under WIN95 on 486-40 Cyrix based machine. I dob my CW
keying via the second parallel port rather than a com port. Except for
some occasional choppines of the CW everything ran fine. Then I traded
one of the locals some other radio "stuff" for a Gateway 2000 486DX2-66
mother board and now things dont work as before! The CW keying works ok
except that if the first character sent on any CW stream starts with a
dit it now has become a dash....i.e. a leading W is sent as an O and so
on. Also the frequency info is no longer passed (via COM 3) back and
forth between the TS-850 and the computer, If I run in MSDOS mode
everything is fine.

So I wish I had an answer for you but right now I'm still experimenting
will and let you know what I find out. For starters however make sure
that your baud rates are set correctly (TRLog wants to see 4800 or
less)when communicating with the ports, these can be set up on the
CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM/DEVICE MANAGER (TAB)/PORTS/(etc).....

To night I will be playing with some other interface cards and possibly
try slowing down the communications to 2400 baud as well...will let you
know what happens. In the mean time tell us more about the system you
are using, since the problem is apparently computer specific at least in
my case. CPU speed? Are you using a com port from the motherboard or
froma add on card?? etc etc.

--
Dave Henderson
N7EX ( EX....N0DH that is!)

"The bad news....Life is hard"
"The good news...Life is short"
"The Moral...Eat Dessert first, chase DX and Contest often"