Deleting a QSO

Subject: Deleting a QSO
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 00:04:20 -0600 (CST)
Jeff Bouvier writes:

>        Maybe I'm still tired from the war but I need to know how to
>delete a qso from the log after the contest. I used alt-y several times
>during the contest but somehow I panicked once when on 80M and a
>qso was logged as A58A instead of what should have been s58aa. I logged
>s58aa right a way but it was too late to hit alt-y and get rid of that
>juicy double mult. I could use a text editor but that will leave 9 q's
>in that block of 10. I'm sure there's got to be a simple way.

I can think if several ways to do this.

The easy way is - edit the log.dat file with a
text editor.  Then go into POST L C to create
final logs - you will then be able to format the
logs in many ways - including one big page.
It will renumber the qsos and put them in groups
of ten again just like before.

BTW the files that the routine outputs are the same
format as the LOG.DAT file and you can even rename it
LOG.DAT

If you need more help let me know.

Thanks

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "Where is the line noise?" -Trey N5KO