multi-op + other questions

Subject: multi-op + other questions
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 18:14:29 -0600 (CST)
James Cullum writes:

>#1) Is there a way to tell what frequency the other radios in
>the network are on?  This would be handy for passing mults.  I
>guess we don't need anything fancy like a mult passing window.

Not yet - it is on the TO DO list.  I do this catagory
often and we use the talk function to send the new
run freq to the other op.  He then makes a note of it
on paper.

>#2) Is there a way to configure the DVP memories for multi-
>operators?  I guess this would be like "OPON" when using CT.
>This would save having to re-record the DVP memories everytime
>you switched operating positions.  There may have been a post
>similar to this a while back, but I forgot the reply.

Not at the moment - it has been talked about - it is
also somewhere on the TO DO list.

>Also, another DVP request.  Would it be possible to get a "MON"
>function (like in CT or NA) that would enable the monitoring
>of the DVP audio?  This would be for us "radio challenged"
>contesters that are using radios that don't have a transmit
>audio monitor function.  Especially with the different CQ
>and S&P messages, I am not sure exactly what is getting sent
>out when the DVP is transmitting.  When I record the DVP
>memories (using Alt-p) I can replay what I have recorded.
>It just would be nice to hear it while it is transmitting
>to make sure the right message is going out.

Yes - this to has been talked about - maybe.

I guess we just need to charge enough for the software
so that Tree can quit his other job and work on the
software full time. :-)

Thanks

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "Where is the line noise?" -Trey N5KO