ARRL 10 Meter Contest

Subject: ARRL 10 Meter Contest
From: kd4gw@directcon.net (Claude R. Fontaine, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 1996 19:30:03 -0800
Bill McFadden wrote:

> I saw a question on the reflector the other day but didn't see a
> answer on the following question.
>
> How do you log in a technician or novice in order to claim the 4
> points. I have tried it several ways but keep getting just two
> points. Any help would be appreciated as I will be entering the
> contest this coming weekend.
>
> Bill (VE1RJ)
I asked the question, but it deals only with CW not phone, all phone
contacts are worth 2 points regardless of class of license.  CW QSOs
count 4 pts, 8 pts if with a US novice or technician signing /N or /T.
I tried logging calls with /N or /T in CW mode and it would only give me
4 pts instead of the 8.  This why I asked the question and also the
proper way to log a ITU region 1,2, or 3.

I am sure Tree is looking at the problem.  As I have experienced it is
usually operator (me) error, but I am sure we will hear shortly.

Ralph
KD4GW/6