Ten meter update

Subject: Ten meter update
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 06:41:34 -0800 (PST)
It has been surprising to me the number of things that came up
out of the ten meter contest.  Here is the story:

1. POST's multiplier check just doesn't work for the 10 meter contest.
This routine is general purpose in that it tries to work for any
contest situation based upon the LOGCFG.DAT file parameters.  The
problem with the ten meter contest is when the routine is trying to
decode the information in the log entry.  Since the QSO number isn't
always there (only appearing for DX stations) - the routine got confused
as it always expected a serial number.

This will be fixed in the next release.  You should be able to run the
new multiplier check and fix your log.

2. TR READ doesn't work with DX stations with TR log.  This had to do
with the DX country ID being part of the exchange field.  This is fixed
in the next release and provides another way to fix your log.

3. /N and /T stations not counting 8 points on CW.  A new QSO point
methode (ARRL 10) fixes this.  I thought for sure the program did this
at one time, but I don't remember why it was removed.

4. Entering region numbers for /MM stations.  This is still under
investigation.  These are always difficult to handle as exceptions.
One approach is to put MM1 MM2 and MM3 in your CTY.DAT file, but
since CT doesn't put them in there - I hate to make mine different.

Any input on how brand C or N does this?

The next release will be made probably over the weekend.  It would be
a good idea to make sure you have it for the Stew Perry contest as
some possible crashes will be avoided.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com