Upcoming new feature

Subject: Upcoming new feature
From: larrytx@co.intel.com (LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 97 15:52:11 PST
The next release (5.96) will have some added flexibility for both the
INITIAL EXCHANGE and USER INFO SHOWN commands.

First off, you can display with the USER INFO SHOWN command any of
the data that you can use as with INITIAL EXCHANGE.

Then, for both of these, you can specify CUSTOM and then define what
will happen by picking TRMASTER fields in any order.  For example:

INITIAL EXCHANGE = CUSTOM
CUSTOM INITIAL EXCHANGE STRING = TENTEN FOC SECTION NAME

or

USER INFO SHOWN = CUSTOM
CUSTOM USER STRING = USER1 USER2 QTH

This should address people who wanted to look at two user fields
at the same time.

If you pick CQZONE or ITUZONE, it will see if there is a TRMASTER entry
for the call with zone information.  If it doesn't find any, it will
use the CTY.DAT data to determine the zone.

I also found one crash mechanism when using the super check partial
command.  If you have less than about 30K memory available and you
try to execute this feature, the program locks up - really bad.

Now, if you are that low in free memory, the SCP feature just stops
working, but everything else keeps going.

I will make a release sometime soon - as soon as I stop adding stuff
(perhaps this weekend).

Also, I accidently erased about 15 mail messages I had been holding
onto in my que.  If you have sent me something recently and I haven't
answered you, please ask me again.  I can get reflector postings from
the hypermail review (http://www.contesting.com/trlog/).

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com