more sugestions

Subject: more sugestions
From: lu6beg@canopus.com.ar (lu6beg@canopus.com.ar)
Date: 10 Jan 1997 14:53:42 EST
To: in:trlog@contesting.com

Hello Tree:

    Thanks for the answer regarding RIT and ? symbol. Now I'll be able to
put ? again in calls!

    During the year I've been using your soft I've found some areas of
improvement.

   1. Last update you allowed positioning automatically over a ? in a
callsign, after <tab> or arrow up or dwn, but if you're in insert mode
the cursor goes 1 character further to the right. in the NO INSERT mode
it's OK.
   2. In WAE contest DX side, you can't re-send a specific QTC. Possible
fix is tapping any F-key followed by number of QTC (as in CT).
   3. We use TS850 and this rig has 2 buttons to select filters. 1 for
.455 and another for 9mhz IF. Sadly, you must circle tru all settings
to get back to previous setting. So to change from .5 to .250 is 1 click
, but 5 clicks to go agn to .5!!!  We propose to use F11 and F12 to move
tru selectivities for the most used IF, and shifh-f11 & shift-f12 for the
less used IF. Tru a entry in Ctrl-J menu you can select the most used IF.

   4. While recovering from my illness during WRTC, i stopped at S56A
station in motel 9. He was using a homebrew soft that allowed him to send
calls and exchange with key, but the program decoded the cw and fills
call by itself. So he sent eg.   LU6BEG 5nn6   and the soft put in the
call field LU6BEG. Also if you make a mistake you can correct it with the
key:
    lu7beg 5nn6
    5nn14 de lu6beg
    lu6 tu de w6w...
and the program changed lu7 to lu6 automatically.

    I think it's an easy modification to make, since you already decode
CW thru parallel port..,.

    Thanks for improving the best soft around. 73

Ernesto Grueneberg
LU6BEG"canopus.com.ar
___
* UniQWK v4.2 * The Windows Mail Reader