Bug in TR 5.95 POST

Subject: Bug in TR 5.95 POST
From: s57ad@s55tcp.ampr.org (s57ad@s55tcp.ampr.org)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 97 22:52:12 EST
Hallo,

I tried to update my TRMASTER database with some new datas (vanity calls,
names, some log files, etc), but found bug there in both TR 5.95 and 5.96.

Prg reads datas from the ASCII file correctly, creates ASCII file from
.DTA and beginns to update datas with new calls. At the last entry from
the ASCII file (no matter how short it is) it stops ang hangs up (HDD LED
stops to blink, etc), so hve to reboot the PC. The same thing happens with
new Name editor (after finishing entering Calls & names, PC froses at the
last  entered Call).
It seems this happens after the first (successfuly entered) ASCII file, when
you try to enter another one...

For now, I solved this problem with older version of POST (actually, v 5.94).

One of S5 TR users reported another interesting thing, (it seems it is related
to his PC configuration): if he edites something in his LOGCFG.DAT and tryes
to restart TR, it hangs up just prior TR reads LOGCFG.DAT setings...I believe
it is related to his memory system - he uses Norton Commander - as usage of
DOS MEMMAKER created mess on his PC...After using TR, he even couldn't run
his Packet Radio program unless he reboots the PC...

Anyother experienced (or reported) same problems?

73, Mirko
s57ad@s55tcp.ampr.org