READ, VGA Modes

Subject: READ, VGA Modes
From: kirk@music-city.tdec.state.tn.us (Kirk Pickering)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 22:40:33 -0600
I have two separate and unrelated questions.

1) When using the READ utility to 'replay' a contest, is it possible
to have the PC speaker 'play' the info sent by the station worked, as
well as what I would send.  WHen I use the READ utility now to replay
a contest, the speaker only 'plays' what I would have sent, and does
not play what was sent by the station being worked.  I was hoping to
replay the last Sprint I did, just to get a feel for the rhythm again.

2) What command in the following LOGCFG.DAT file is causing the screen
to go into the 43 line mode?  Is there a list of commands that force
the program into the higher VGA mode (I think it's 43 lines...) I often
don't want TR to run in the higher resolution mode (I find it hard on
my eyes, even with the FONT program from K6STI...)

Here is the LOGCFG.DAT file I created for the Sprint:

MY CALL = K4RO
MY ZONE = 4
MY STATE = TN
MY GRID = EM66                  ; 6-character grid is EM66LC
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
SIMULATOR ENABLE = FALSE

; ======================= Basic System Settings ======================

DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
HOUR OFFSET = 6            ;  5=CDT 6=CST
SINGLE RADIO MODE = TRUE
TWO RADIO MODE = FALSE
MODE = CW
MULTIPLE MODES = FALSE
SHOW SEARCH AND POUNCE = TRUE
CONFIRM EDIT CHANGES = FALSE
LEAVE CURSOR IN CALL WINDOW = FALSE
PTT ENABLE = FALSE
RATE DISPLAY = QSOs
SHIFT KEY ENABLE = FALSE

; ======================= CW Interface Settings ======================

KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
CW TONE = 580
PADDLE MONITOR TONE = 0
CODE SPEED = 35
PADDLE PORT = 1
WEIGHT = 1.00
PADDLE BUG = FALSE
LEADING ZEROS = FALSE
QSL MODE = STANDARD
DE ENABLE = FALSE
AUTO CALL TERMINATE = FALSE

; ======================= Rig Interface Settings =====================

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 4
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 1200
RADIO ONE TYPE = IC761
RADIO ONE RECEIVER ADDRESS = 30
ASK FOR FREQUENCIES = FALSE

; ====================== Dupe checking, Band Map etc. ================

PARTIAL CALL LOAD LOG ENABLE = TRUE
PARTIAL CALL LOAD LOG ENABLE = TRUE
PARTIAL CALL MULT INFO ENABLE = TRUE
PARTIAL CALL ENABLE = TRUE
EXCHANGE MEMORY ENABLE = TRUE
SCP MINIMUM LETTERS = 3
WILDCARD PARTIALS = TRUE
POSSIBLE CALLS = TRUE
AUTO DUPE ENABLE = FALSE
CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE
BAND MAP ENABLE = FALSE

; ****************************************************************
; =================== Begin CONTEST SPECIFIC Information =========
; ****************************************************************

CONTEST = SPRINT
SPRINT QSY RULE = TRUE

CQ EXCHANGE = _\ # KIRK TN                   ; _\^ #^ kirk^ tn
S&P EXCHANGE = TU @ # KIRK TN \              ; tu @^ #^ KIRK^ TN^ \

< Note this is the last section of the LOGCFG.DAT.  I have not
  included all of the CW Messages, because some contain control
  characters (such as XOFF - which is ^S) which don't travel through
  conventional email very well... >

Thanks for any pointers.

-Kirk  K4RO