TR/Sprint Question

Subject: TR/Sprint Question
From: N6NT@worldnet.att.net (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:31:18 +0000
At 09:06 AM 2/10/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I got to the shack very late, and as a result didn't reboot my PC from WIN
>3.1 configuration, which involves EMM386, Smartdrive, and a CD-ROM driver.
>Started TR and was going along fine, until one QSO in CQ mode when the CW
>sent the expected exchange, "88", and another fragment of exchange, then
>froze with the cursor at a random position on the screen (not in any field).
>I rebooted and ran the remaining 230 or so QSOs with no problems and no
>recurrence.
>
>I wouldn't even mention this, except that I heard someone else ... N6?? ..
>have the same exact problem on the air, which suggests that there may be
>some recurrent conflict between TR and these Windows-related device drivers.

Yes!  That was me, and it just blew my mind!  It was really weird...after it
finished sending the exchange, it sent "88" and then all kinds of gibberish.
This happened to me three different times, and the only thing I could do was
reboot the computer.  I could not get control of TR, nor could I abort it.
I hate to tell you, but I was in a clean configuration and not running out
of a DOS box.  For what it's worth, this was version 5.96.

Bruce, N6NT