[Fwd: TR and RF problem of the computer: Solutions]

Subject: [Fwd: TR and RF problem of the computer: Solutions]
From: oh2mm@nettilinja.fi (Ville Hiilesmaa)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 18:33:32 +0300
------------310959C62C910

------------4A472681C71

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------------4A472681C71--

------------310959C62C910

Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:46:23 +0100
To: oh2mm@nettilinja.fi
From: SM7PKK <mats.persson@mbox2.swipnet.se>
Subject: Re: TR and RF problem of the computer:  Solutions
OAA20918

Hi Ville,

Instead of using the CNY-17 I would suggest you use the Darlington
Opto-couplers instead. They can be driven by the port much easier and thus
you never need the transistor. We have used this setup at the local club
for our multi-station several times both for CW keying aswell as to control
our home made voiceboxes on SSB.

Fx TIL 113

I have also found ELFA Sweden selling a special kind of Ferrite beads that
are especially made for the 9 pole D-sub aswell as for the 25 pole. These
ferrite beads have 9 resp. 25 holes in them shaped as the pinning on the
connectors. Thus you can pull the leads through the bead and then solder
them then slide the Ferrite piece all the way out to the already soldered
wires and thus get the RFI -prevention directly at the connector. This
toogether with a shielded D-sub cover will take care of intereference to
and from the computer very well. Especially if these kind of beads are used
at both ends.

73 de Mats SM7PKK