Subject: [TRLog] VHF Data for TRMASTER
From: (Larry Tyree)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 08:59:27 -0700 (PDT)
I have downloaded a database from the web that has thousands of calls
heard on VHF/UHF with their grid.  After fixing up the format some, it
is now available via ftp to in the pub/n6tr directory.  Look
for the file

You can put this data into your TRMASTER.DTA file with the POST U E F F

The extensions of the database to include grid squares is probably one
of the best kept secrets in the VHF world.  They all think it is neat
just having a CT database with the calls.

Well - not ALL of them, just those who aren't using TR :-).

I should be QRV on 6 during the June VHF test.  This will be my FIRST
use of TR in a VHF contest!  Actually, it is more like my first VHF
contest ever (except for about 10 QSOs from K1KI's QTH in January 1979).

Speaking of, John tells me that there were 161 downloads
of the public domain version over the past two months.  This seemed
like a staggering number to me.  Goes to show, FREE is a very good
price.  That version (4.05) is now 3.5 years old.  There have been
over 1000 changes to the program since then.

See you at Dayton (booth 424).

73 Tree N6TR/7 - CN85