[TRLog] uudecoding TR-LOG updates

Subject: [TRLog] uudecoding TR-LOG updates
From: ae2t@bigfoot.com (Al Gritzmacher)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 00:47:23 -0400
At 02:52 PM 5/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings all . . .
>
>I am a new user of TRLog and recently received my first update.  I am
>presently using Eudora Light for Email which does not uudecode.  I ended up
>using MS Word to extract the update from my In Box file (IN.MBX) and save
>it as a text file.  I then used the TRLog UUDECODE command to create the
>all602.zip file.  This works,  but I was wondering if there is an easier
>way to do this short of converting to a new Email program?
>
>Thanks . . .
>
>Allen Jones, W9DZ
>ajones@adsnet.com
>Michigan City, IN

I am pretty certain that Eudora Lite DOES support UUEncoded messages. You
might check your settings and enable it. I could be wrong, though. I havn't
used the lite version for a couple years, since I broke down and bought the
full version.

There are both DOS and Windows programs that will decode such files. A DOS
program wouldn't be any easier than using TR to do it.

A good Windows shareware program for this is WINCODE and can be found in any
of the shareware archives like shareware.com or tucows.com. It handles
UUENCODE, BinHex, etc. There probably are others too, I'm just familiar with
this one.

Most UUDecode programs recognize the headers in the encoded part of the
message and don't need to have the non-encoded parts stripped off manually.
If that's what you're using MS Word to do, it might not be necessary. Just
save the whole message as a text file (File|Save As) and let the program
parse it.

I've never used the built-in decode feature of TR, so I can't say if it is
that forgiving. Try it and see.

Hope this helps... 73

Al AE2T