[TRLog] Thinking out loud

Subject: [TRLog] Thinking out loud
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:07:41 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-01 08:16:20 EDT, k1ky@bellsouth.net (Thomas M.
Delker) writes:

<< WHen you hit a dupe, it flashes the
 previous occurrence on the band/mode so you can see the original
 contact.  It then flashes a small box with (e)dit/(d)elete.  This also
 serves as a neet way to edit the log file without fear of really
 trashing the log file, as it allows edit of only the line you have
 chosen with the callsign.  Of course you have to keep up with the dupe
 indexes in case you change the actual callsign.

 2. I also think the logging of frequency is a great idea. >>

Good thoughts!  I agree. A couple of other ideas...how about automatically
configuring to S&P mode whenever the frequency is changed by more than .XX
KHz?  I was bouncing between Run and S&P modes quite a bit during FD, and
would often autosend the callsign while entering it into the call window for
dupe checking.  I'm also a little put out by the use of Cntl-PgDn to access
the bandmap.  Is there an easier Alt- combination that could be used instead?
 Sorry for drifting a bit off the main thread.

Thanks,  Paul KB8N