[TRLog] Ver 6.05 Questions

Subject: [TRLog] Ver 6.05 Questions
From: aa0cy@robertwanderer.gardnerville.nv.us (ROBERT WANDERER)
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:25:41 -0700

----------
From:  Stephen Merchant[SMTP:merchant@silcom.com]
Sent:  Sunday, July 27, 1997 6:01 PM
To:  ROBERT WANDERER
Subject:  Re: [TRLog] Ver 6.05 Questions

At 05:50 PM 7/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Setting up TR for NAQP and noticed that, contrary to the
>information in the Help window for this function, when I
>enabled the auto-CQ function, hitting any key did NOT
>stop the CQ (although it did terminate the function). Only
>hitting <Esc> stopped the CQ. (Also the 6.01 manual and
>the 6.05 program help menu have the Alt+Q and Alt+C functions
>reversed.) Is there something else I need do or undo?

This is the way it works.  To stop instantaneously, start typing a
callsign.  Two escapes will also stop it.

That is what is NOT happening, Steve. Unless I'm not typing quick enough? One
escape was all I needed, however. Could I have a problem with my keyboard?

>Still haven't been able to make the program work with my PK232.
>The ROM version for the PK is Dec 88. I may have a problem
>with the PK itself because I cannot change the setup to anything
>else other than 9600-8-N-1 (except 1200-7-E-2 [I think]) when using
>Procomm. Every time I enter the "*" the lit LED moves over one to
>the left {BAUDOT-ASCII-FEC-...} instead of lighting up on PKT. Any
>ideas? I will, when I get a chance, see if I can use my PK88.

I hope you're not planning to use packet in the NAQP, Bob...hi.  I had a
similar problem with the Paccomm Tiny-2.  The issue was stop bits.  Read
the manual carefully, Tree only supports whatever is in there.  I ended up
switching mine to 7 bits plus Even plus some stop bit combo.  A bit
difficult, but works fine now.

No, not planning to use packet, just trying to get things working overall and
I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and make sure my config file for NAQP
was completed as I won't have time during the week. I guess I should have
been more clear. The PK232 reactions described occurred in Procomm, not
TR. TR doesn't seem to know the TNC even exists.

>Other than these things, I t-h-i-n-k I'm ready to use TR in NAQP.

You'll do fine -- have fun.  See you Saturday.

73, Steve K6AW