[TRLog] Hand vs Computer

Subject: [TRLog] Hand vs Computer
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 12:12:27 -0400 (EDT)

<< or
 partial calls scooping( technique to write down parts of calls heard in
 pile-up to work them aftrwards in a raw) etc. >>

RTTY has a call que feature where you can drop calls or partials for later
transfer to the active window... But (and it is a big one) there is more time
in rtty operation for this sort of thing... when it is hot and heavy in cw, I
have all I can do to type a call into the window and (maybe) keep another
call or part of one in my head... I have seen good ops (N8GL is one of the
best) able to catch multiple calls from a single go at the pile, and then
sequentially pull them off the mental que... whether there is time to type
ahead with fulls/partials while the contest exchange going on at 35 wpm is a
question... I know I can't do it as I'm usually busy correcting my typos in
the call window while the exchange is going out...

Denny