[TRLog] Interfacing SBDVP to Yaesu FT-1000MP

Subject: [TRLog] Interfacing SBDVP to Yaesu FT-1000MP
From: ny4i@hotmail.com (Tom Schaefer)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:22:22 PDT
While a bit off topic, I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience.
I am trying to interface a soundcard to an FT1000MP to use the
Soundblaster DVP with TR Log. The problem is that whenever the audio is
sent,all kinds of hash is sent with it. From local on-air testing, it
even sounds like a fan is coming on in the background. Of course, since
it sounds like an amplifier is running, this will not be very good for
this weekend's NAQP.  I have interfaced the audio from the sound card to
the phone patch jack on the radio. In line is about 500K Ohms of
resistance and a capacitor in line and across the leads.

There is a port for audio in from the Yaesu digital voice keyer, but I
have not tried that port. Has anyone else?

Of course, if anyone has figured out how to externally control one of
these Yaesu voice keyers with one of the TR control lines, we could just
do that as well.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Schaefer NY4I