[TRLog] updating help

Subject: [TRLog] updating help
From: (Dale Martin)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 07:23:51 -0500
On Tuesday, October 14, 1997 5:40 AM, Robert
Naumann[] wrote:
>Jason and others:
>Please be sue that your mail program is not doing the UUDECODE operation
>for you.  Those of you using Win95 and one of the newer mail programs
>probably see the attachment as a ZIP file and it has already been decoded.
>Unzip it and have at it.
>N5NU:  where are you located and send me your phone number if you'd like
>some help over the phone.
>Bob Naumann
>Plano, TX
>> From: Jason Goldsberry <>
>> Subject: [TRLog] updating help
>> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 07:39
>>   I need help trying to update to 6.12. I have received it through e-mail
>> and can't seem to be able to get it to do anything.
>>   The manual says "use the TR program to decode the file". I take this to
>> mean that I run the TR program...I have and I didn't see anyplace to type
>> TR UUDECODE filename. Out of desperation, I run the TR INSTALL program
>> hoping that it might install the newer 6.12 version. The results are such
>> that I can't run the original TR version.
>>   I have spent 3 hours trying to get this problem worked out. Any help
>> would be appreciated.
>> Jason N5NU  age 14
>> P.S. Please don't suggest that I ask my computer teacher. I go to a very
>> small rural school and there isn't anyone to ask.
>> N5NU Homepage

What am I missing here?  Where does uuedecode come in?

I get an attachment on an e-mail message, highlight it, right-click
to get a menu of options and select copy to move it to a subdirectory.

In Windows Explorer, I go to that subdirectory, locate the file, double-
click on the newly placed file ( and a window appears asking
me if I want to overwrite each file with a new file.  I answer yes a few
times, and then am done. 6.12 is installed.

Is it that other e-mail handlers don't do attachments the same way? Don't
attachments just show up as icons on the text body of the note?

Dale Martin, KG5U

Feature Wishlist: