[TRLog] TR hangs while logging.

Subject: [TRLog] TR hangs while logging.
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 12:12:23
At 05:10 AM 10/27/97 -0500, Wagner wrote:
>I used TR for the first time during CQWW SSB this weekend.
>Much nicer to use than CT, but I was plagued with one major
>problem.  While making about 400 contacts, my computer
>hung about a dozen times.
>I have Windows 95 loaded on my machine, and I select the
>command prompt option while booting up. (I have it display
>the boot options menu.)  When I start TR, I have about 140k
>to.   The hangs always occur when finishing a QSO.  I.e. the
>exchange is filled in(automatically) and the keyboard locks.
>Could it be RF? Too many packet spots?  Need to run
>DOS 6.1?

I had the same problem running DOS 6.2 on my 486DX/33.  I think it is
related to having a packet spot arrive while inputting log data from the
keyboard and/or writing a QSO to disk (after hitting ENTER).  Seems as if
the spots and the keyboard input were colliding.

Other hiccup noted was that the prompt to enter frequency of a station (my
xcvr is not interfaceable, if that's a word) came up every time I tried to
dupe a station that was, in fact, a dupe -- is this by design?  Can it be
turned off?  I also noted that it seemed to turn itself off sometimes.
Something odd, but couldn't isolate it because of frequent reboots.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"

Feature Wishlist: