[TRLog] No TNC, No Hang-ups...hmmm

Subject: [TRLog] No TNC, No Hang-ups...hmmm
From: (Jack Fleming)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 19:43:10 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Chris Robson wrote:

>       In reading the posts, most of the ops thatare running the packet options
> are having the hang up problems. I quess we contest purist that muddle
> through without the need for packet spots can still make it through
> contesting unscathed from the computer gremlins!! (Sorry I don't know what
> came over me!)

Same here - no packet and 225 Qs on 15 meters (about 18 hours of sitting
in a cold garage typing in previously worked calls and hitting the space
bar trying to fill the bandmap screen...  Love those single-band
efforts...) without even a hint of a hangup.  Using 6.11 on a godforsaken
IBM microchannel '386.

Maybe it is something with the packet...

Jack Fleming, WA0RJY
ex-K7SS/PTI ex-CN2JF ex-CN0A ex-CT1/WA0RJY ex-HS0/WA0RJY ex-HS0AC
      Trustee of Paladin Contest Club Callsign - K7ED
Seattle, WA      DON'T PANIC!

Feature Wishlist: